Monday, March 7, 2011

Mardi Gras, a new book and the next generation wood worker


Last Friday Jim and I went to a wonderful place for buffet dinner, delicious drinks and live music New Orleans style. Jim had the sazerac cocktails and I had a few hurricane cocktails.  Yummy authentic feast too.  The Tuscarora Inn is a GREAT fun time.  They have an amazing Sunday brunch too, check it out.  Let me know, I will go with ya.  :)



We enjoyed the sound of "Sophisticated Swing" with Jimmy Sansone (pictured above).  I used to have a shop on the Boardwalk in Olcott (many moons ago) and sometimes I would be lucky enough to hear him play outside his home in the evening over the lake, it was such a lucky treat for me.  He has amazing talent.



This is a mini album that is made out of paper lunch bags.  I have the basic idea finished and now I need to add the embellishments such as ribbon, brads, bling and dressing up the card inserts. 



The paper is a block that is designed by Susan Winget.  Her fabric collection is just as lovely.



Butterflies, butterflies and yes, I love butterflies.  :)



Jim's son Jake is creating a beautiful wooden heart box while he is home visiting from Albany.  He looks pretty excited to be covered in wood dust.



Jake made the pattern free form.  Below is the heart box with a light coat of varnish.  Great job Jake.


1 comment:

  1. beautiful mini album and the heart box is fabulous! wow!

    ReplyDelete