Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sleeping angel, bracelet and paper roses


My grandson, Peter came and spent a few days with us over Easter break and last night I was so lucky to curl up next to him while he fell asleep.  A precious moment that I hope to carry with me for a very long time.  It is a rare moment to see him so still.  At the age of 6 he is full of energy and fun.


With all this crafting around he caught the bug and wanted to make his mom a bracelet for Mother's Day.  He picked out all the beads and charm.  He carefully added each bead in the order he wanted for the perfect gift for Sarah. 


I bought some of Melissa Frances 1962 Crepe Paper Collection and decided to make some paper roses.  I wasn't sure of how to make them but I dusted off an old memory of ribbon flowers that I used to make when I did silk ribbon embroidery.  Not too shabby I think.


I also included a free style circle flower that took some cutting of circles and just glued together.  I tried to use my punches to cut the circles but the crepe paper didn't like them.  So I cut the circles by hand, I won't be making them unless necessary.  :)  For the roses I cut an 11 x 1 inch strip of crepe paper and just kept folding and twisting.  They are all a bit different depending on how tired I got or what else was going on in the room.  LOL


I purchased the paper at my favorite store Buffalo Stamps & Stuff  last Wednesday after a class.


I added a leaf or two to each rose and then put glitter on a few of them.  Now I have to decide how to use them.


Jim is in the other room jumping between Axe Men and Iron Chef, so I am keeping busy with a bunch of butterflies...and this is a sneak peek of what I am up to next.  To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment